UNIVERSAL COVID-19 TESTING and TRACING
UNIVERSAL COVID-19 TESTING and TRACING
My name is John Sheridan and I have launched a movement to demand Universal Covid-19 Testing and tracing. What does Universal Testing and Tracing mean? It has been used by several countries to control and extinguish the Covid-19 virus. Universal Testing and Tracing means - as outlined by Ashish Jha, Professor of Global Health at Harvard, and Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Romer (@paulmromer on Twitter) - that the US Federal Government create and implement a program of testing every person in the US for Covid-19 every 2 weeks. And test frontline workers every day or two. READ ON TO FIND WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP.
Mr. Romer estimates this will require about 30 - 35 million tests per day , a large increase from the 800 thousand or so now. Currently the US tests only about 800,000 people a day. That will not find all the people who have contracted the virus.
A new Federal program would have to be created to:
1. Use the Federal Defense Production Act to mandate US production facilities to increase the number of Covid-19 tests, and to manufacture, distribute, give the tests, track the results, find any person testing positive and fully monetarily and materially support them in a short 14 day quarantine.
2. It would then ask the person testing positive to list people they have come into contact with so that they may also be tested. Some countries have used phone apps to determine and inform people someone they have come into contact with has tested positive, but that should be an option by the person who tests positive to choose if they wish. A person should be able instead to voluntarily list those they have come into contact with so that they may also be tested.
3. Any testing and contact tracing should be anonymous for data collection purposes as much as possible to protect the privacy of individuals who may test positive. Testing and tracing would scale back when the virus is contained to a certain low level, we would demand it end at that point.
4. This program would monetarily support anyone requiring isolation to remain indoors for 14 days without fear of loss of job, or eviction and so that they do not lack food or other necessities while they quarantine. This program would help those testing positive - getting the virus is not anyone's fault and we should not suffer any consequences. The proposed program will support them in any way possible. This we will demand.
5. The benefits of this program would be that in a short time the virus will burn itself out since those affected will be isolated and it will stop its spread. Other countries with universal testing such as South Korea, and others have had spectacular success using this method because they used it immediately - and now do not need it. They are now reporting none or 1 person dying per day compared to the USA with usually many 100s of people dying per day, and 50,000+ newly confirmed cases daily.
6. The cost of the program would be, according to economist Paul Romer about $200 billion which may seem expensive, but it is LESS than the US loses each month with the economic lockdown and looming recession. So for what less than we are losing each month we could actually control and largely beat this virus, probably once the program is going probably in about 5-6 months! This should be good news, even if you are skeptical of government led programs.
Please visit this website, see the information being posted and USE IT and the links to government to demand a national program be created and successfully implemented - SO THAT THE COUNTRY CAN GET BEYOND THIS VIRUS, as much as humanly possible. We have the resources - we only need the political will.
WE NEED TO COME TOGETHER AS A NATION and DEMAND THIS FEDERAL PROGRAM BE CREATED! That is what this website is for, let's use it and beat this thing. And tell everyone you know every way you can!
Contact the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to demand they work to create a Universal Testing and Tracing program to STOP THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
Contact the Center for Disease Control and Preventino (CDC) to demand they work to create a Universal Testing and Tracing program to STOP THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
Contact the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to demand they work to create a Universal Testing and Tracing program to STOP THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
Contact Your United States Representative to demand they pass legislation to create a Universal Testing and Tracing program to STOP THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
Contact Your United States Senator to demand they pass legislation to create a Universal Testing and Tracing program to STOP THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
Contact the President to demand he propose and sign legislation to create a Universal Testing and Tracing program to STOP THE COVID-19 VIRUS.